Wednesday, February 4, 2015

New Revised Bloom's Taxonomy.

This week in my social studies methods class, we were able to work together to put certain verbs under each of the levels of Bloom's taxonomy. We were given words such as exemplifying, classifying, and producing and had to order them correctly under the 6 major categories. This required our critical thinking skills to be pushed, our process of elimination game strong, and our communication with one another to be very open. When one of us thought a word belonged in one category, our classmates might of thought it belonged somewhere else. This task was confusing, but definitely allowed us to process these verbs and stretch our brains. Many times I would try to explain a definition in my own words to the class and I found it difficult to do so. This activity was very helpful in my learning and my communication skills.

Upon further investigation of the New Revised Bloom's Taxonomy, I found an article that looked almost exactly like Dr. Parker's examples he showed us. It reaffirmed my learning and gave me ways to unpack these categories to further their meaning. Also, this document gave me activities to do with students in order to heighten their level of learning as well. For example, if I wanted the students to understand the material being taught, I could instruct them to make a cartoon strip showing the sequence of events or make a coloring book. Not only does this pdf give activities and products to do with students, but it also gives a teacher ways to assess the students. I look forward to using models and cites like these in my classroom.


Much love,
Brittany Kertesz

No comments:

Post a Comment